There are so many benefits to being a member of this kids book club!
Firstly, the activities encourage members to dig deeper into the author’s world through
- literacy and comprehension exercises
- themed cross-curricular activities including arts, crafts, science, geography, history, languages and cookery
- monthly live q&a sessions
Then there are three sections to the KidsClub reflecting different reading abilities. Perfect if you have several children, or their reading is at a transition point. Click on the links to see the books we’re currently reading in each section.
- picture books (typically up to age 5)
- chapter books (typically ages 6-8)
- advanced readers (typically ages 9-12)
As a member, you know you’re encouraging diversity in their reading.
- The kids book club picks include a diverse selection of authors, genres and characters
- KidsClub supports #BlackLivesMatter
Of course all the activities and challenges in the kids book club are age appropriate and help your child to
- Have fun reading
- Build a lifelong love of books
- Develop imagination
- Explore new authors and genres
- Immerse themselves in the bookish world with fun games, activities and challenges
- Get exclusive “behind the scenes” author, illustrator and narrator events
All this means that as a member of the KidsClub you can
- Relax and enjoy reading with your kids
- Let them work independently or with your support, however you prefer
- Support a cross-curricular, holistic, and immersive, learning environment
- Know you’re building their literacy skills in a fun way
- Save time on planning engaging reading activities
Bespoke activity packs
Each kids book club pack has lots of different themed activities to accompany the book. Here are just some examples from one of the picture book courses.
Monthly live Q&A sessions
Every month, Lexi Rees, hosts a live book chat for members in a safe environment. (Please note – Lexi has an enhanced DBS certificate for working with children and attendance is by invite only). If you’d like to see more about her and her books, you can visit her author page here.